Napkins Fold: Tips and Instructions
Napkins are represented in every table decoration and an indispensable accessory that complements the blackboard. Whether for a birthday, wedding, anniversary or other occasions - napkins are the highlight of the table and small works of art in which the hosts invest a lot of time. To surprise your guests with the napkins, here are some tips and tutorials on napkin folding .
Tafelspitz: The classic
Anyone who has ever folded napkins knows that it's an art in itself is. If you do not have any experience in napkin folding, you should definitely practice it before the big occasion. Because the small works of art are the ideal accessory to cutlery and plates. The classic napkin figure is the Tafelspitz. Simply open the napkins and cut the hedges diagonally to create a triangle. The long side must be at this point below. Then fold the napkins - finished is the Tafelspitz. The figure can be placed either next to or on the plate.
Folding napkin as a fan
The fan is relatively simple and particularly suitable for beginners:
- The held-up napkin with its front put .... on the table. Then fold over the left and right half.
- Starting at the lower narrow side, place the towel approximately three-quarters in accordion folds. If you want to place the fan later, you should fold it only halfway.
- Fold the napkin to the middle, so that the ornamental accordion piece is on the outside.
- Fold the upper corner with the open sides to the lower left. Now the previously outer edge now lies between the pleated folds. The standing version has a strip over it.
- The towel is ready and can now be set up. For the standing fan, you have to turn the protruding strip into a small base.
Fold napkin as a bishop's cap
The Bishop's Cap is also very well suited to the art of napkin folding. For this model, napkins with Randbestickung are particularly good because it comes through this folding to advantage. Patterned napkins are not recommended, as the patterns cover each other and create chaos.
- Starting from the half napkin, fold one side up and one down.
- Turn the dish 45 ° to the left to allow it to do so she is level again.
- Now you have to halve the napkin figuratively horizontally. Fold back along the lower part and pull the tips forward again.
- Then open the right half, fold the lower part to the left.
- Next, close the upper part and turn the towel.
- The napkin now consists of several triangles: one big left, one little right and two little ones in the middle. For the latter we have to imagine a halving again, this time from top to bottom. Place the right part of the napkin to the left in the pocket.
- Finally pull it up from below and make it oval.
Fold the napkin as a lily
The Lily looks extremely noble and is relatively simple to fold, if you know a few tricks. One advantage of the lily is its stability and appearance, which makes these napkins not easy to keep.
- Starting from the open napkin, the tips fall diagonally on each other, creating a triangle.
- Now fold the right corner and left up , The result is a square.
- Fold around two-thirds of the lower tip upwards. Now fold the tip to the base. The top must not be able to survive, otherwise the lily will fall backwards.
- Finally, put the towel back together. In doing so, pull on as jerkily and vigorously as possible and then sculpt with your hands. So the lily remains stable.
Simpler is sometimes better
Given the many ways in which napkins are folded, their actual task of ridding the mouth of food remains more and more important. The hygiene is extremely important. Basically, napkins can also be hygienically folded without wearing gloves. The fewer hand grips needed and the less contact between the hands and the napkin, the cleaner it is. Simple models are therefore more hygienic than very complex variants.
Artikelbild: © bonchan / Shutterstock