How to Install the Bathtub
In this article we describe in a few steps How do-it-yourselfers can install a bathtub . Of course, the good piece must be purchased before installation. Which material is suitable for the bath depends on the individual needs and of course the budget of the handyman. After purchase, installation will begin in accordance with this manual.
There are two options for mounting the tub:
- One uses finished bath support , made of hard foam, with 2K PU foam attached to it Ground is fixed. It is important to use this foam because it will not blow back and hinder the construction.
- For the more nimble, it may be convenient to wall a panel of aerated concrete blocks to the edge of the tub. Before tiling the Poroton should be painted two to three times with Tiefgrund, so that the porous stone does not drain the tile adhesive from the water and makes the hold impossible.
Shopping list for the installation of a bathtub
- Tub feet
- Drain fitting
- Support frame
- HT pipes and matching accessories
- Sink profile strip
- Fittings including connections
- Shower set
- Gypsum plasterboard
- Thin bed mortar
- one tube 2K PU foam
- Sanitary silicone
- Tile and tile adhesive
- Joint mortar
In addition, do-it-yourselfers require the following accessories:
- Fitting tongs
- Folding ruler
- Spirit level
- Sponge and construction bucket
- Hammer and chisel
- Saw for tubes and aerated concrete blocks
- Drilling machine
- Knee pads
- Wall trowel
- Tile cutter
- Rubber hammer
- Waterpump pliers
Bathtub installation in 14 steps
- Before with any work in the bathroom To begin with, the Main tap must first be completed.
- Measure all heights and distances of the bathtub, fittings and Co. exactly. Then compare these values with the standard dimensions of the bathtub. If something does not fit, the bath must be replaced immediately.
- First of all, do-it-yourselfers install the drain fitting, the overflow and the drain strainer.
- Before the support frame, including the suction feet, is mounted underneath the bath, you should make sure that the Room is clean. Then fasten everything and place the tub in the room.
- Cover the outer edge of the tub facing the walls with Tub profile strip to protect it from dirt and damage.
- Anyone looking for a steel tub has decided at this point must be grounded by an electrician. Do-it-yourselfers, no matter how experienced they are, are not allowed to ground themselves!
- Some patience is needed in this step as do-it-yourselfers need to completely fill the tub with water. The feet are then aligned using the spirit level . Then you can attach the tub to the walls with tub adhesive.
- Connect the drain to the nearest downpipe with an HT pipe. The gradient must be at least two centimeters. Then drain the water and check the pipe for leaks.
- Now you can prepare the ready-mixed mortar and with your help fix your feet on the bathroom floor. Pay attention to a horizontal orientation of the tub!
- This is followed by the connection of the valve, in which the following heights and distances must be observed: The fittings should be mounted above the bath wheel from 150 to 350 mm. The distance of the fittings from the head side should be about 150 mm. For attaching do-it-yourselfers have to screw the S-connections in the wall washers. Then fix the fitting directly on the connections with the aid of a fitting pliers and connect the shower hose.
- The bathtub is already standing, now follows her cladding with aerated concrete blocks.
- Underlay the blocks of cellular concrete on the edge of the tub, bearing in mind that openings are needed to access the drain.
- Drain the panel and use a revision frame for the previously left open access.
- Finally fill the tub with water again and grout all joints with sanitary silicone.
- If you use a bathtub for showers, you can install a shower enclosure directly during assembly or retrofitting.
- Also important is the installation of a shower rod including a height-adjustable shower hose.
- The shower head should have an adjustable jet for maximum relaxation.
- Showering can reduce consumption with a shower stop. This function cuts off the flow of water, keeping the water temperature until you rewind.
Artikelbild: © AlexRoz / Shutterstock