Meaningful garden design for double and terraced houses Part 1
After we have recently dealt with the topic of terraced and semi-detached houses, now follows an article about the garden design of such buildings. Space is finally scarce. Property owners have hardly any design options in these buildings anyway. In the garden, however, they can let off steam and design them according to their own wishes.
Creating impressive gardens on huge surfaces is relatively easy. In contrast, the design of a garden of semi-detached and semi-detached houses is difficult. On a few hundred square feet, homeowners must be true to the motto "less is more". make perfect use of the small square. Sounds impossible, but it is not, as this guide shows.
A paradise in the smallest of spaces
Row houses and semi-detached houses rarely indicate their available space. Right and left a neighbor, the garden is behind the house and is as wide as the house. However, homeowners do not have to despair, because with a well laid-out floor plan with an optimal room program and intelligent subdivision, miracles can be achieved and impressive expanses created. Before we start with the concrete plans for the gardens, it is first of all necessary to clarify the artistic aspects. In gardens with difficult space and space, careful planning is the essential thing. Contrary to many assertions It is not easier to create a concept for a small than a large garden - it is even the opposite: The smaller the surface, the more complicated it is to present the surface creatively and at the same time accommodate different uses. An average family garden requires:
Seating in the sun and shade Paths Bedding
- A Place for Woods
- Children's Playgrounds
- Range of Motion
- Just in small gardens It is difficult to accommodate all the above things perfectly.
- Professional help is advisable
for structures such as walls, terraces and garden sheds, but also the determination of material and plant needs, builders can be professional To accept help. They give a specialist a budget and he takes care of the cost control to a
professional construction management . On the other hand, the final execution of the work can be done by builders themselves in order to save costs. For the planning background we recommend builders a joint pow-wow. During the brainstorming, all participants will be provided with pencils and notes, wishlists made and examples and advices presented and summarized. So the planner can make his design easier and the satisfaction of the result is guaranteed Plan step by step Builders can in a nursery, in the botanical garden, magazines and garden books or on trips and excursions
suggestions to the dream garden Collect
- Wish List : What Plants and Combinations Did You Like? Which ones have to go to your own garden and what can you do without? Photos on holiday are especially helpful. Define the
- Favorite Garden Style : Cozy sitting area with exotic tub plants, water garden, play and family garden, evergreen formal grounds and so on.
- In the concretization phase Homeowners can clarify with an expert or gardener which garden style is feasible. The space available, the orientation of the garden, the local claims of the plants and much more are examined.
- Plan of the property obtain or measure. Anyone who hires a landscape architect has one less task to do, because the expert takes over. It is important to accurately record the proportions in order to be able to arrange the different elements correctly later. Those who perform the
- measurements in their own right should record them graphically. Property owners can use different colors to mark pavement areas, plants, and existing and newly planned components. The drawing should be made on graph paper or with special software.
- In the Decision Phase , hobby gardeners must decide whether to finish gardening or if it is too difficult. In case of difficult terrain conditions, it is advisable to hire a garden planner.
- If you decide to continue your own , you will finally draw up the execution plan and the planting concept. Important
- : Adhering to the right one Planting distances is important. Otherwise, the system seems overcrowded or too empty. In the second part of the guidebook series, we look at which garden types are builders and how they can systematically design their dream garden. Artikelbild: © Nick_Nick / Shutterstock