PE Foam, Rock Wool and Co. - Fundamentals of the Most Important Insulating Materials
Active insulation can be implemented today so that only comparatively little space in the roof and masonry is claimed. Above all, so-called composite systems are among the most innovative new developments, which are mainly used in the renovation of old building facades. Since up to the 1970s, a standard comparable to today's standards on Germany's construction sites prevailed, count then also less classic old buildings to applications. In order to preserve the substance, to possibly be able to claim a building subsidy and to increase the value of the property, one sets today on a multiplicity at different Dämmstoffen.
in this contribution we give you some and explain their use by the respective characteristics
Thermal conductivity subject to strong fluctuations
The DIN 18165 standard defines by means of which methods the thermal conductivity in watts per meter and Kelvin. It is indicated by the & quot; lambda & quot; indicated and always refers to the dry building material. The smaller this value fails, the greater the effectiveness of respective Dämmkonstruktionen. Moisture content and dehumidification behavior of each building material are responsible for determining the thermal conductivity enormously. They are used for the classification of different heat conduction groups and are used as comparison value for new products and innovations. The fair in Berlin is especially known for its trade fairs, which can also be visited by private investors and builders. For example, the & bdqu; bautec & ldquo; Held regularly in February, it is considered the "International Trade Fair for Building and Building Services". In 2014, the main topics of the fair will be among others energetic and sustainable building. As a consumer, this provides a sound basis for decision-making for new construction and renovation.
Note the respective properties
Since every insulation protection is not used equally for all areas, it is advisable to compare the respective properties with each other and in relation to the previous ones To set construction. Not every old building can be renovated equally favorably and in a timely manner, not every material has the same durability.
- PE foam PE foam is particularly effective in diffusion-open insulation constructions, but at the same time it is relatively inexpensive as it is largely made from recycled material is used. Almost every adjacent component can be connected, and the heat storage capacity of this insulating construction in the form of panels is in the upper range. Only skilled specialist companies should be commissioned for this because the gaplessness of the insulating material can not be easily controlled and therefore routine is required.
- Rockwool Also known as mineral fiber insulation material does not allow capillary water pipe and can be used as a plate, mat, pipe insulation shell, Einblaswolle or insulating wedges are introduced. It is used in the field of exterior wall insulation or intermediate spar insulation, can also serve as a combination product to solar systems in the form of pipe insulation. Its thermal conductivity is between 0.035 and 0.05, which makes it very effective.
- Cork If you want to do your own thing and save a lot of money, then cork is a good choice. Cork meal, for example, can be easily used as a bulk material with good moisture regulation values. At the same time, the thermal conductivity of cork meal in the stable range is around 0.05. Since cork is recyclable and has proven to be extremely resistant to aging, a price per m & sup3; From 150 euros for cork meal a cost effective alternative can be used.
- Wood fibers The wood fibers, which are usually made of softwood fibers or residual wood and are capable of sorption and thus regulate the moisture, have a thermal conductivity of 0.045. They are classified in the fire protection class B2, mainly by the addition of ammonium phosphate, whereby they are used in private house construction. The seamlessness of the thermal insulation is ensured, and the material is also mold-resistant and therefore ideally suited for internal insulation or inter-rafter insulation.
- Calcium-silicate boards These porous calcium silicates mixed with a pulp are moisture-regulating and maintain their effectiveness even with a temporary moistening. Especially in the renovation of old buildings, this material is used, because the high pH value inhibits mold growth greatly. With a classification in fire protection class A2 or A1, they are considered absolutely harmless in house building. They are used in interior insulation primarily as a precautionary measure against mold fungi, are resistant to deformation and aging.
Artikelbild: © wavebreakmedia / Shutterstock