Renewing old heating systems: Benefiting from summer investment in winter
More and more consumers are puzzling and planning to modernize their heating systems. Many old heaters are still in Germany's households and cost the real estate owners a lot of money. Not only money is wasted, but also raw materials. During the same period, Mother Nature suffers from unnecessarily high energy consumption. So it's time to switch to a new heater. And which season is better for this than summer?
Consumers should check at the beginning of the year whether their heating system is still state-of-the-art and worthwhile for further operation. The change in the middle of winter is of course not possible. Nevertheless, starting in January, a plan should be made to plan a modernization, which will eventually be put into practice in the summer.
From the spring on, the heating system will be sent to summer sleep throughout Germany. Now begins the time to do maintenance or modernize the old heating. Of course, these works are associated with a certain (financial) effort. But this will pay off within a few years.
Make a decision: modernize or replace heating
Invest, modernize, profit. This is how the process of heating renewal looks - at least roughly summarized. But until one arrives at the last step, much has to be planned. After all, the modernization of heating does not mean that you have to replace it with a contemporary model. Instead, interested parties must first consider whether they would like to say goodbye to the previously used raw material completely.
If you only want to optimize your heating, you have the following options:
- Heating pump : Many old heating systems have a bad heating pump which can not ensure sufficient heat distribution between the boiler and the radiators in the house. Their replacement is important because it causes up to ten percent of the electricity bill in the house.
- Hydraulic Balancing : This measure ensures a pleasant, even heat in the house and also lowers the heating costs.
- Control technology : Ther-mo-stat-ven-tile can rarely be set exactly. In the meantime, there are modern control techniques that produce the desired temperature in each room while reducing energy costs.
- Insulated piping : If it is too hot in the boiler room, it is because of poorly insulated piping. Distributed over the year, up to ten percent of heat is lost.
Property owners who invest more money and want to save more money in the long term can replace their existing heating system with a new one. In this case, the following options are available:
- Condensing boiler technology : Replacing the old heater with an efficient gas or oil condensing boiler can save up to 30 percent.
- Micro CHP unit : Block Heating power plants are efficient because they generate electricity as well as heat. Surpluses can be fed into the general network and reimbursed.
- Wood Pellets : The small compacts consist of natural wood chips. As a renewable raw material, they are not only almost CO2-neutral, but also inexpensive and price-stable.
- Heat pump : They convert the available ambient heat into heat. Very little power is needed to generate heating heat.
- Solar energy : Another free energy that can be converted into heat (for heating and water), for example, by using a solar system.
- Hybrid heating : One Combining several of the above variants.
Using subsidies for green heating
The deciding factor for modernizing or replacing the existing heating system is the fact that these measures are promoted. Interested parties do not have to bear the costs alone.
The nature and extent of funding depends on three factors:
- Location and age of the property
- Nature and extent of the measure
- Application for subsidies
The basic rule is: the more efficient the heating required and the more environmentally friendly it works, the higher the monetary support.
The funding programs themselves differ in their availability. Some are available nationwide, others only regionally. On a nationwide level, there are basically two noteworthy subsidies:
- KfW Bankengruppe
- funding programs
Market incentive program for the use of renew- able energy BAFA
Apart from the above-mentioned sources of funding, there are other offers that are only available regionally in individual municipalities, cities or federal states.