Shoe Cabinets for Narrow Corridors
Which man does not know the problem: His wife has more shoes than she actually needs. But she claims rock solid that she carries all treadles. Well, man just has to find a solution to accommodate all the ballerinas, pums and other women's shoes. It becomes particularly problematic when the next shoe cabinet has to be placed in a narrow hallway.
Why storage in the basement is not a solution
If the woman has too many shoes , man wants to store them in the basement. Understandable, especially in small apartments is often not enough space for 50 pairs of shoes. But you can not store them in the Keller , where the wetness usually ensures that the expensive women's shoes begin to mold. The purchase of a shoe cabinet is therefore mandatory. You should pay attention to the following:
- Size : If the shoe cupboard is to be placed in a narrow corridor , it should make the best possible use of the length. Interested parties must therefore measure the available area and buy a shoe rack that is as long and high as possible, so that the hallway does not become even narrower.
- Material : There are no special rules for the choice of materials, what is bought like or fit the decor. Most opt for a wooden shoe cabinet because it is the cheapest. But here comes quickly musty smell. Better are high-quality materials, aluminum or glass, for example.
- Equipment : Not only does the wardrobe have to accommodate the footwear, but also time and again accessories such as gloves, scarves, hats and handbags. Make sure that there is enough space for these things.
Shoe cabinet for individual needs
A look at the furniture business shows that the range of shoe cabinets is staggeringly large. There are different sizes, shapes and materials, all of which compete for the favor of the customer. But a classic shoe cabinet rarely has room in the hallway. Either a standardized wall is missing or it is simply too narrow. In this case you should not shy away from a shoe cabinet system. With this, every consumer can create his personal shoe cabinet. There are systems that can be mounted on a straight wall, others look like a carousel. If you have very little space, the Shoe Cupboard System can even hang on the door.
Provide fresh scent in the shoe rack in 3 steps
In closed shoe closets, unpleasant odors are established within a very short time. The lack of air circulation is the problem: sweat, dirt and moisture can not escape from closed cabinets. Over time, the smell sets not only in the shoes, but also in the cabinet. The problem can be solved in three steps:
- Disinfecting the cabinet & shoes : As a precautionary measure, the shoe cupboard should be cleaned regularly with a disinfectant so that bacteria can not get stuck inside. After cleaning, the cabinet should dry open and empty overnight. The shoes can vent you at this time on the balcony or the terrace. If necessary, a treatment with a disinfectant spray is also useful here.
- Ventilate shoes : The footwear is primarily responsible for stuffiness in shoe cabinets. These should never be placed wet in the shoe rack. On the one hand, they promote the formation of mold and can damage the wood at the same time. Especially sports shoes smell like sweat, so you should air them for a few hours.
- Eliminate stubborn odors : Despite various preventive measures, a musty odor in the shoe cupboard can often not be ruled out. But even the most stubborn odors can be eliminated. Vinegar and ground coffee are among well-known home remedies. Place them in small quantities inconspicuously in a corner of the shoe cabinet. Alternatively, consumers can also sprinkle baking soda into their footwear and vacuum it on the following day.
Artikelbild: © Venus Angel / Shutterstock