Building Instructions Stool Table
The stool is probably the simplest piece of furniture in its basic design Form can still be found in apartments until today. His simple form has certainly contributed significantly to his success. Small, practical and easy to carry - that's the stool.
Over the years, designers have taken on the task of giving this piece of furniture an interesting look. For example, stools made of a single piece of wood, others are heavily padded or made of a less conventional material. The beauty of stools is that they are easy to build.
Stool Chalkboard for the first home improvement
With our stool version Chalkboard, we provide a simple way for do-it-yourselfers who want to test their architecture, their first piece of furniture to build. The stool consists of few components:
- 4 side parts
- 4 triangle angles
- 1 upper part
If you do not have a circular saw or a jigsaw, you can have the wood panels cut together in the hardware store. In this way, you only have to assemble the individual components using the corner connectors and screws.
Apart from the material we recommend, the wood, the stool can also be made of plastic or a similar material. We recommend wood for our construction instructions because they are easy to handle.
What you need :
- Protective equipment (gloves, goggles, ear protection)
- 45 x 45 cm 19 mm plywood boards Thickness (eg multiplex panels)
- 4 x metal corner connectors approx. 8/8/8 cm (also called bed angle)
- approx. 25 x Lens countersunk screws, 3/15 mm
- Emery paper 400 grit
- Cordless screwdriver
- Circular saw with guide rail
- Jigsaw with wood saw blade
- Steel ruler
Assembly Instructions Stool Table
So it's done:
Prepare all components as shown in the diagram. Measure all parts cleanly and transfer the dimensions to the plywood boards. Carefully saw all plates out using a circular saw with guide rail.
Allow enough space between parts - if you get screwed.
Clean all edges with sandpaper.
In order to form clean edges, you must chamfer the sides of the plates (angled at 45 °). In this way, the plates are later at right angles to each other - you see no abutting surfaces. The chamfering of the slabs can be done with a coarse sandpaper manually or by machine using a belt sander. Check again and again whether the parts fit together well and take care not to sand off too much.
Take a jigsaw with a saw blade and cut a 15 x 30 cm rectangle from the center Parts 2 (see plan).
Take Part 1 and place it in reverse on a table or workbench. Step by step, hold one side panel (Part 2) one after the other and screw it in the corners using the metal corner connectors and screws.
- You can do all Roughen up abutting surfaces of the stool with coarse emery paper and brush with wood glue before joining. This will make the stool even better.
- You can have the items stocked at a carpentry company near you. Although this is more expensive, as a rule, the parts are then processed much better.
- After you have assembled the stool, it can be painted in all colors. For the interior you should ideally use water-based paints, they do not smell and are easy to handle.
- Choose colors that are not contaminated by dyes. This is especially true if the stool is to stand in the nursery.