Stairlift as everyday relief Home
With age, mobility is increasingly restricted, many works can only be handled with the help of technical aids. Even if the body does not carry all the effort, the platform can be used to restore the usual mobility outside.
We explain the function of this variant and explain the state support measures.
Mastering curved stairs
The platform lift is suitable for easily mastering curvy stairs in the outdoor area. This gives you back access to all areas in the garden or the terrace, without any effort being required. This model is also known as a wheelchair lift, as it describes the primary application.
- A platform lift often consists of a driving line with two even steel rails connected by vertical bars. Here are the supporting steel mounted, which are connected by idlers and steel links and operated by two rollers. This drive technology, known as a so-called support chain drive, has proven itself, as it distributes the weight evenly and ensures perfect operation.
- Paving angles of -60 degrees to 60 degrees are feasible, making it easy to adapt and use any outdoor area.
- Control is either via a coiled cord or a radio remote control that can reach speeds of up to 0.15 meters per second.
- High-quality models have a safety gear to provide constant support. Furthermore, emergency stop buttons with integrated alarm function are included, which bring the device safely to a stop in case of danger. For example, sani-trans, a quality manufacturer from Germany, has standard safety measures installed in almost every model.
- The fact that no lubricant is required to operate the lift on the rail is particularly low maintenance.
- A hot-dip galvanized construction, which does not require powder coating in the exterior, provides sufficient corrosion protection for the rail, supports and all necessary mounting materials of the lift.
From the idea to the realization
If you know the rough operation, we want one Outline the typical process from consultation to production and final briefing.
- First, the room is analyzed, any adjustments are documented and the feasibility is researched. Due to the modular components that allow quality manufacturers to customize, a model is then designed based on this data. This is usually necessary due to the characteristics of the properties and the needs of the customer.
- Thereafter, an allowance is taken, for example, to pay attention to the course of underfloor heating, stair railing or other factors.
- Then there are adjustments possible, for example, comfort services or the implementation of individual wishes.
- Now the model is manufactured, tested according to the legal requirements and once again subjected to the safety methods of the manufacturer. Only then, when the stress test has been successful, does the installation take place at the customer's home.
- Finally, you will be briefed by a trained employee of the manufacturer, in particular in the usual functions and safety methods. As a rule, a few years' warranty is granted, regardless of the warranty obligation that applies anyway.
Sometimes it is the case that, in addition to the exterior, the interior is also provided with a lift. This is promoted by the legislator and the German social security systems, because it serves the maintenance of the mobility in the own four walls. For this it is necessary to submit an application to the statutory long-term care insurance. According to & sect; 40 Abs. 4 SGB XI it is in fact the case that the installation of a necessary stair lift in the sum with up to 2.557 euro is subsidized. The statutory health insurance is the first point of contact here, it also has a duty to advise on further funding and also helps with problems.
Furthermore, there is a subsidy program from the state-owned KfW banking group, which runs under the program number 159. Depending on the approval of the house bank, a low-interest loan of up to 50,000 euros per housing unit will be made available here. Decisive is only that the money for a barrier-free conversion of the apartment or the house is used. If you own a condominium, the decision is to be made by a simple majority - otherwise there is a risk of remaining at stand-alone costs.
Artikelbild: © GOLFX / Shutterstock