The construction of industrial and commercial buildings
It was not so long ago when Germany set a record negative post-war record in terms of economics: In 2009, economic output fell by nearly five percent. Today we can say with a good conscience that we coped well with the financial and economic crisis. The construction industry has weathered this hard time even better than many had expected.
When it comes to employment and value creation, no other area is as important as the construction sector. As the Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung has determined in a study, construction investments in the amount of one billion euros can secure or create up to 22,000 jobs. Half of public investment can be self-financing thanks to lower social spending and higher tax revenues. Added to this is the economic benefit, ie growth effects through a more effective transport infrastructure, for example.
What you want to achieve
Behind every change is an idea, be it a product, an untapped sales market or a commercial hall . Anyone who follows his idea will sooner or later encounter structural obstacles: the industrial halls are too small, and commercial halls in various locations are too ineffective. The logical consequence would be a structural change or the construction of a new warehouse.
It does not matter which hall you choose, first of all it is important to check exactly which goals have to be achieved with the construction. Is the goal a site improvement, optimized operations in the company or just need more space? Are there any technical or structural challenges? How important is an energy-efficient design?
Which object is eligible?
The construction of a commercial hall is always carried out after sufficient planning. Interested parties must determine whether the existing property can be made suitable for future demands by means of a conversion or refurbishment or whether a new construction of the commercial buildings is necessary. Anyone who has decided to build a new industrial building only needs to clarify what type of building is being considered: office building, commercial hall, warehouse in solid or steel construction ? Maybe even a combined building complex is suitable. Also important is the size of the industrial halls. Here are the guidelines:
- Type, number and size of the office and adjoining rooms
- Space requirement in the industrial buildings and industry
- Size of the yard area considering the warehouses, parking lots and maneuvering area for trucks
The duration of the Construction phase
Starting with the green field to the finished hall, the project goes through many phases:
- Conception : First, the foundations for the construction of the hall are created. How long it takes to create the concept is difficult to say, depending on the size of the project, the number of participants and, of course, your own commitment.
- Planning : If the concept is on its feet, it's time to plan. Depending on the scope of the project, four to six weeks may pass before the building application.
- Approval : Eight to 12 weeks usually pass before the required permit is obtained. You should use these to check the financing, so that the start of construction can start immediately.
- Construction phase : Construction begins with the first cut of the spade. Depending on the size and equipment of the warehouses, the project should take about four to eight months to complete.
Effective time depends on many factors: how quickly can individual needs and desires be clarified, how long do public authorities and banks need Processing the applications, does the project come into being in summer or winter? Basically you should always be patient with such big projects, so the Quality is not in a hurry.
Getting the project off to a good start
Choosing the right partner is crucial in hall construction. Builders place different priorities in this task. Some want to have as much influence as possible on their project, while others see it as important to keep the industry out of one hand. Others pay attention to the lowest possible price, while others pay attention to a good price / performance ratio . You should evaluate the following aspects when choosing a partner:
- Fixed date
- Fixed price
- regional partner
- everything from one source
- many years of experience (references)
Have you found the right partner? , the hall construction can begin.
Artikelbild: © Alexey Fursov / Shutterstock