The right color scheme in your own four walls
Bright, colorful or plain white? There are numerous ways in which one's own four walls can be a bit more colorful through color design. But not all color combinations are optimal. In this article, we give practical and valuable tips on which color combinations fit and which color is in which room.
- White cover color
- Tinting paint
- Drilling machine
- Swirl attachment
- Paint roller
How to color design the Life changes
& nbsp; At home, it's most beautiful & ldquo; - that's not just a phrase, a lot of people associate their own four walls with a place to retreat, where they can feel good and relax. The home should be designed accordingly comfortably. The furnishings include: Stylish furniture and home accessories as well as colorful accents through individual color scheme , which will suit every room. Wall paints probably play the biggest role in designing a home. If they are used purposefully, they can not only transform rooms radically, but also convey depth and flair.
Basically, applies: Anyone who chooses to create their own colors and wants to mix them, needs appropriate tinting colors in addition to the white cover color , such as green, blue or yellow. Tinting colors are merely added to the white topcoat color. To achieve a hue, different mixing ratios are used.
Attention : The mixing ratio is related to one liter, for example: 950 ml + 50 ml or 920 ml + 80 ml.
For mixing the paint, a drill should be used electronic control and can be used with a whisk attachment . If you do not have such equipment, you can also mix the paint with a wooden spoon. The following applies: Stir very long so that it is really evenly mixed.
Four Notes on the Effect of Colors
Colored walls are in fashion. But with the color design, it is not easy. Each color has a different effect. The choice is often not easy.
- If the ceiling falls on your head: Who wants to redesign a small room with a low ceiling, should not despair. A bright wall and ceiling surface makes the room appear larger and higher. If the ceiling is set off brighter against the wall, the room looks even higher.
- Long, narrow hallway: Narrow and long rooms are anything but well proportioned. However, they are not that difficult to design: It is recommended to paint the front wall with a strong, dark color. This literally steals the room's depth. The effect of the color design can be further enhanced with a warm shade.
- High and high: high ceilings can be found in old buildings. They are extremely beautiful, but disturb a balanced space proportion. The solution: Exactly the opposite of the solution for low ceilings, so the walls are light and the ceiling darker. Thus, the room height is visually reduced and the room is no longer so oppressive.
- What has to be done in small rooms: Although a new coat does not increase the effective living space, but provides for an optical magnification. Bright, cold shades, preferably white, are ideal for small spaces. They increase optically by up to 10 percent. If you're boring, you can also choose beautiful blues as well as teal or blue-violet.
Inspiration: Five Current Trend Colors
- Fiery Red with Gray: Red often represents the fiery flame of love, but also brings life into the home. The trend color & quot; salsa & quot; sets the crown on a gentle gray. The perfect counterpart is a bright orange couch. The color trio simultaneously has an invigorating and warming effect.
- Color scheme with chocolate brown: Brown walls are discreet and simply timeless. Unfortunately, they are rarely used today, but should be considered by any family that is undergoing renovations. Courageous people combine the muted nuance with an accent color, such as neon tones. A green or pink against a brown wall is a trendy arrangement.
- Pure nature: Nature sets the tone in many situations in our lives. The trend color Petrol can beautifully accompany a fireplace and set a colorful accent. Gentle natural shades such as sand, creamy white, beige and brown are suitable for the rest of the room.
- Simply timeless: gray walls are boring? On the contrary, the quiet tone goes perfectly with colors such as white and oak. The necessary color kick is brought about by a violet-colored accessory, such as a blanket.
- Simply cool: blue is cool and refreshing. It is particularly varied when you choose turquoise and white tones on an azure blue wall.
Choosing the right color
Choosing the right color is not always easy for laymen. As previously mentioned, different hues have different effects . Nobody wants to paint the bedroom with a hue that exudes concentration. There are basically three steps that should be followed to get the color right.
Before the color design should be clarified, how the room should look and what furniture there will be. How the ground looks is also an important factor. If the color design with red in the furniture or accessories already occurs, it should only be used sparingly in other areas. Red stimulates and drives up the blood pressure. If you want to colorize your red room, you should choose natural tones. For example, coffee tones are recommended: they have a calming effect and are the perfect contrast to the reddish hue.
The next step is to clarify the preferences that designers have for certain colors. Do they match the desired effect of the room ? If this has been clarified, then the third step follows.
The final step requires that you buy a color palette in the construction or specialty store. There are many gradations within a hue, which, depending on the mixing ratio, can be very different. The gradations should be adjusted individually. To make it easier, you can mix a color and paint on wallpaper remnants. So the effect can be checked under different lighting conditions.
Matching colors for the different rooms
In principle, certain colors are better for some rooms than others. Here, aspects of color psychology play a crucial role:
- Living Room : There are many factors to consider in the color design of a living room. Here, first of all, attention must be paid to who is staying here. Does the person or the person like it extravagant or rather discreet? In this case, you can individually "let off steam". Things get more difficult when the whole family spends the same amount of time in this room. Then a compromise has to be found that suits everyone involved. Tip: If the furniture or floor has already failed, the walls should be given a subtle color tone.
- Bedroom : Blue is a favorite in bedrooms. Unfortunately, this is not recommended for those who are particularly cold. Better are earth tones: they radiate peace and warmth. A good compromise is to paint only one wall in a desired shade of blue.
- Bathroom : In the bathroom, the colors should reflect cleanliness and freshness, as well as convey a feeling of hygiene. A good choice is green here. She has a positive and natural charisma. Of course, green can also be combined with white.
- Kitchen : In the kitchen you spend your time in the morning. Accordingly, it is important that the room awakens the weary spirits. But it also depends on what you are for a guy. Morning mustaches choose vivid colors like red or orange. They give the circulation a boost.
Tips for the purchase of wall paints
Ten liters of emulsion paint are available in the construction market from as little as eight euros. This is for the living rooms, however, unsuitable. Only from a price of 20 euros paint buckets are to be found, which can be seen. Expensive products contain more color pigments and binders. Especially the pigments provide opacity and brilliance. For cheap colors you often have to paint twice.
Good luck with your personal color design!
Artikelbild: © Goodluz / Shutterstock